Volunteer Co-ordinator : Margaret Kerr 01789 764582
We welcome volunteer help from the local community and we are committed to equal opportunities. If you think you could help please contact Margaret (telephone number above).
What is Alcester Day Care?
Alcester Day Care supports people with dementia and their carers.
We open to clients from 9.30-3.30 but volunteers are expected to be present for morning or afternoon sessions which are 9.15 – 12.30 and 1.30 to 3.45
What will I have to do?
There is always a variety of jobs on offer…..
• setting up the tea and coffee, biscuits and cakes
• making the drinks on request
• clearing up (there is a dishwasher) and leave the kitchen in a tidy state
• greeting the members as they arrive
• helping clients with their coats etc
• guiding clients to where they would like to sit.
• chatting with clients, playing games etc.
The important thing is to be aware of is that everyone is welcomed, that no one is left alone and to make sure everyone enjoys the day.
Staff workers will take control of any personal care issues.
A minimum of 1 session once a month is the norm although you can come along to help at as many sessions as you want! Let us know your availability/preferences .
Rotas are drawn up monthly in advance and if you can’t make one then you can swap with someone else.
Optional training is available throughout the year. If you are interested then you can join in. Its free of charge!
Contact: Margaret Kerr 01789 764582
You will be helping your community!